[Wine] Problem with some games (MSVCR80.dll)

Sepho wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 8 20:27:28 CDT 2009

Hi everybody!

I have installed wine in my arch and I was trying to install games. I can run Steam and Warcraft 3 but when I try to run games like "Fallout 3" or "Silent Hill" i get this error:

err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCR80.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"G:\\juegos\\Bethesda Softworks\\Fallout 3\\Fallout3.exe" failed, status c0000142

I tried a lot of ways, i use winetricks vcrun2005 and winetricks vcrun2005sp1 and don't work, I downloaded this library and put in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and run "wine regsvr32 msvcr80.dll" to register and nothing good. After that i still getting this error.

Any idea?

Thanks for all!