[Wine] Spybot Search and Destroy

dawinsor87 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 9 07:59:19 CDT 2009

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read my post.
I am using ubuntu 8.04 DRBL in an IT setting that has wine 1.1.16 installed with Spybot S&D. We use it to PXE boot virus-infected computers to scan them without threatening a real installation, and without the hassle of live-cds.

Spybot has a switch (/allhives) that detects multiple windows installations for scanning, and the switch does work well with tools like BartPE and WinPE, but for some reason, it doesn't detect another windows installation with Wine. In winecfg I have /media/disk set to d:\ and other wine programs see it fine, but if there was a way to get spybot to detect this other installation, I would be ecstatic.

I realize that this isn't really a spybot issue, and it's kind of not a wine issue, so I apologize if this steps to far outside of wine's boundaries. Thanks again for looking.