[Wine] hi urgently need help.

trinigirl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 10 12:08:17 CDT 2009

Hi everyone

Last night I set up ubuntu 6.06 - on a virtual machine. I installed wine and wine doors on it to test run a software or too - before making a switch to ubuntu ultimate edition next week. However wine and wine doors are not working.

I used the links below to register on software properties and I included the authentication keys

wine
deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt dapper main # WineHQ -Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper Drake"

wine doors
deb http://ppa.lauchpad.net/wine-doors-dev-team/ppa/ubuntu dapper main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/wine-doors-dev-team/ppa/ubuntu dapper main

I got the following with winetricks
~$ sh winetricks corefonts vcrun6
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/madana', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\cmd.exe": Module not found
wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string

Can some help me please and me where I went wrong. Thanks  [Rolling Eyes]