[Wine] Anyone who is experienced with wine and/or CrossOver

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 11 21:44:39 CDT 2009

moniec15 wrote:
> I am on a Macbook 4,1 with 4GB ram and X3100 GPU running 10.5.6, VMware Fusion 2.0.2 and CxGames 7.2.
>
> I am trying to get Runes of Magic to run, and I think it has something to do with wine.

The problem is not with poor video drivers, that is for Linux.  The
problem is that OpenGL 1.3 is not supported in a released version of
X11/XQuartz and most modern games rely on several functions being
present.  There is a quite lengthy topic on Wine Forums about the 2.3.3
beta and how to get these functions to work.  However, I will add that
this is NOT release quality work and your results may vary from not
being able to use Wine at all to everything working better than you
expect.

As to the program not working with CrossOver Mac/CrossOver Games, please
go to CodeWeavers and advise them.  They do monitor these lists, but do
not provide support here for their products.  Something I will advise is
to try the game in CrossOver Office if it is a Legacy game, like dOOm.

James McKenzie