[Wine] WoW Performance - Degrades over Time

Kalle Last kalle.last at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 05:00:58 CDT 2009

I seem to be having somewhat similar issues lately. Unfortunately I haven't
been able to pin down the problem yet as lots of things changed. I went from
64 bit Kubuntu 8.-something, older NV drivers, wow 3.0.3 to 64bit Gentoo
with 180.-something NV drivers, latest Wine and wow patch 3.0.9.

Before the change I only had somewhat lowish performance on some of the
bossfights but was rockstable. After the change the game crashes almost
randomly, gets graphical glitches every now and then (usually soon followed
by crash), is awfully slow on nearly every bossfight and over time eats up
2GB of my 6G RAM. It shouldn't be the addons as I'm using the exact same
ones I used before, I haven't even updated them.

--
Kalle Last