[Wine] CDROM question

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 12 20:53:30 CDT 2009

dmg0122 wrote:
> I am trying to play diablo 2 (old i know haha) and I have ISOs not the actual cds. I got the game installed but when I want to play it, it asks for the play disc. I have tried to direct wine to use a mounted directory but it looks like it just checks my cdrom drive not the mounted iso.
>
> it also might be a permissions thing because I can only mount the image as root and it is saying it is read-only i tried mount -o remount,rw but no dice any suggestions?

You have found a security feature with the mount command, but that does
not mean that the mount point has to be root only.  You can create a
mount point that is world readable (664) if you need to.

Next step is to use winecfg and make the image appear as if it is the D:
drive.

Both of these have been discussed elsewhere in the forum.

James McKenzie