[Wine] Re: OSX 10.5 - XQuartz 2.3.3 - GLX issue

0xbc wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 13 19:44:59 CDT 2009

mastorak wrote:
> Jeremy and George found out that setting the "emulate virtual desktop" property does the trick for some reason and opengl is used from wine.

Woo! I've been following this thread, and that got me over the line. I had been experiencing very similar symptoms to the OP previously. I'm using XQuartz 2.3.3RC1 and a vanilla Wine install from Macports (running on a unibody Macbook Pro), and setting "Emulate Virtual Desktop" using winecfg has things happening for me. I've been able to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 perfectly, and Sid Meier's Pirates seems to be sort of working. (3d models appear as blank white areas, as do any video sequences). Both titles I had to get no-CD cracks for, because the ioctl for "CDROM verify" doesn't appear to be implemented on OS X. Sound works fine.

Exciting stuff - if anyone wants me to try some stuff on OS X, shoot me a message. I'm also comfortable developing in C/C++ if it requires dinking with the Wine sources, although I don't have experience with the Wine and X11 sources per se.