[Wine] Re: Sending input events to background applications in Win32

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 13 21:27:38 CDT 2009

bhua8122 wrote:
> I want to send key/mouse input to a background program without activating it or giving it focus.

That exact thing lives in the kernel.

You can send messages to any window. But kernel parses hardware messages (mouse, keyboard) and generates messages to give to window that's currently under pointer/has keyboard focus. As well as generating event sequences for window state changes. Some of it in user32 some in kernel.

How exactly that part is done - you won't find in Wine. Wine does it in a totally different way. Hence all the problems in that area.