[Wine] Re: Sending input events to background applications in Win32

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 14 02:43:10 CDT 2009

bhua8122 wrote:

> > You can send messages to any window.
>
> Does that mean I can send input events to any background window *without* causing it to become the active window? That is my main goal.

SendMessage doesn't care if window is background or foreground.
In your example you used SendInput which generates fake hardware event which goes straight into kernel. There isn't much you can do about that.

bhua8122 wrote:
> Wine on top of windows (NT based) and pass through all calls except the input handling, which I will try the patch Wine to accommodate multiple activated windows.

Such core Wine pieces won't work without major modifications. You can look at the source yourself. And like I said, Wine does not manage windows that's WM's task.