[Wine] Website: appdb feedback for older versions of wine?

dtakamori wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 14 13:10:00 CDT 2009

Hi,

I have Ubuntu Hardy, which is a LTS (long term support) release.  This means it'll be supported for a while. But it also means that there's a base of users of an older version of Wine that will want to try out programs but will want to see how an app performs against the Wine version they're using.

To that end, I'd love to contribute to the Wine appdb, but the appdb currently only supports entries for really recent and unstable 1.1 versions of Wine, and not the "stable" 1.0.1 version noted on the FAQ 2.1 "Which version of Wine should I use?" at

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-0bae04b4126dffb8a08bf020982badacb6f367ff

It would seem like a good idea to allow people to provide feedback about what apps work well against the stable version of Wine, so that other users can see if they should bother trying to install an app that may or may not work.

Just my 2 cents... I thought I'd correct some negative feedback I'd seen, and was disappointed to see that I couldn't do anything to help AppDB show how far Wine has gotten because of this restriction on the "Add Test Data" form.  I have the latest Hardy update version, which is currently 1.0.0-1ubuntu4~hardy1 .

Best,

Daiji