[Wine] Re: Word 2007: file association

s710 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 16 10:14:47 CDT 2009

austin987 wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 6:59 AM, s710 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > now, the problem is, word looks pretty now, and so far "works". however i cannot edit any file, even if i just open a blank new file. all of the controls are disabled, and i cannot write any text. all i can do is open existing documents and probably print it. why is that? how can i fix this?
> >

> Sounds like you need to activate it.
>
> --
> -Austin

Yeah, appearently thats what i have to do. I tried to activate it, but unfortunately nothing happens when i click the activation button in the word options page. maybe i have to reinstall again and try, without using the guide mentioned before.

dimesio wrote:

> s710 wrote:
> > Sorry for bumping again, but it seems like i have another problem with word. i previously installed word 2007 without following the above mentioned guide by just running the installer (clean wine 1.1.16 installation, no other windows packages installed). after the setup was through, i noticed that, while word 2007 itself was working, all of  the fonts were mixed up. so i completely uninstalled everything and installed again as described in the guide.
> >
> > now, the problem is, word looks pretty now, and so far "works". however i cannot edit any file, even if i just open a blank new file. all of the controls are disabled, and i cannot write any text. all i can do is open existing documents and probably print it. why is that? how can i fix this?
>

> The only guide to installing Office 2007 that is supported here is the one in the AppDB. No overrides are needed to install in current Wine. Reinstall to a clean wineprefix following the instructions in  http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4992
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "the fonts were all mixed up," but if you have a problem with fonts in the clean install, try installing allfonts with winetricks.

all of words menu fonts were italic, plus it wasnt the correct fonts. im neither familiar with wine nor winetricks, so i didnt know about the allfonts package. so probably i will have to reinstall as you said, and then install the allfonts package to fix fonts. hopefully activation will work then.