[Wine] Flash Media Encoder 2.5 or 3

zdragomir wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 16 10:35:24 CDT 2009

My first post..

I'm trying to run Flash Media Live Encoder 3 .

 - os:  Ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid..)
 - wine: latest

I'm also new to linux and have high hopes in wine :)

The problem is:

 - Flash Media Encoder does not find any devices.

I have a sony PD 170 DV camera attached with ieee1394 firewire. I don't know hot to make Wine "see it".  Actually I don't even know how to make Ubuntu see it. I'm trying to explore the devices Ubuntu sees and I don't know where do look for the camera (it doesn't show in "my computer").

The Ubuntu logs do show some "ieee1394" activity:

Code:

ieee1394: Current remote IRM is not 1394a-2000 compliant, resetting...
ieee1394: Node resumed: ID:BUS[0-00:1023] GUID[0800460104a9358b]
Node changed: 0000:1023->0-01:1023

The only way I have managed to SEE some video from the camera is by running Kino with "gksudo kino" ... can I run Flash Media Encoder in Wine using  GKSUDO???

I've been reading about some problems with 1394 for about 10 hours.

There is no good (as in open source or just free) rtmp streaming client out there for linux, so I tried to use Flash Media Encoder which is only for Windows.

I read somewhere that someone found a way around it on a mac using Parallels (this is the equivalent of Wine for mac?), but I have found no corelation between that and Wine in this case.

You can download the .msi kit from the adobe site, just google "flash media encoder" or I can upload it.