[Wine] Re: WIne, Access 97 and mysql question/problem

wpflum wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 17 07:17:38 CDT 2009

What I'm trying to do is take a bunch of Access databases that I print reports from and configure them to do the reports from a macro and then run Access from the command line to just print the reports out.  This way I wouldn't have to try and re-write them in something else and I could have stable platform to work from.  If I can do this then any changes or additions I need to do I could do on an emulated PC on vmware from my desktop and then just copy the database over to the server.  I'd like to set up a cron job to spit these reports out at the end of every month so I don't forget to run them.  Speed isn't much of an issue, I don't care if it takes an hour to print out the reports just so that I CAN print them out from Linux.

I'll see if I can dig up the earlier version of the connector and MDAC to see if they work.

Thanks

By the way, there is no such thing as 'Free Time' after you have kids, its just a myth :)

I have three girls, 8,10 and 12 all going on sixteen so when I'm not fixing something they 'accidentally' broke I'm refereeing fights........