[Wine] Unable to run Final Draft 7 under Wine

ruscalto wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 17 15:03:10 CDT 2009

I am working with Final Draft 7 under Win XP and was curious to try it under Kubuntu 8.10 with wine 1.0. Unfortunately after the installation it wouldn't start up properly. It tries to load the program but colapses after a few seconds. I had this also with other Windows programs and don't know what the problem could be. It would be great if I could use Final Draft under Kubuntu because I need it every day. The program has as simple  as Windows Word, which makes me wonder why it doesn't work. Since I am a newbee I guess there is something I am doing wrong since it's always the man behind the machine who makes the mistake, right?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ruscalto