[Wine] FIFA09 Error in DarWine

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 17 21:18:56 CDT 2009

Cydver wrote:
> Hi I'm using DarWine, the Kronenberg package and I've tried to install FIFA09.
>
> I did everything as instructed, typed in my cd-key, had it install in the C Drive.
>
> After installation though, I couldn't find the FIFA09 nor the EA Sports folder anywhere. There was, though, a shortcut on my desktop. Upon running the application from the shortcut, I got a message saying "FIFA09.exe has closed due to an error", and this on my Wine console:
>

>> fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationProcess (0xffffffff,info_class=34,0x239a3f0,0x00000004,0x239a3ec) Unknown information class
>> fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_HANDLE_INFORMATION
>> fixme:ntdll:NtQueryObject Unsupported information class 3
>> fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0x23992dc): Stub!
>> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps OpenGL implementation supports 16 vertex samplers and 16 total samplers
>> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Expected vertex samplers + MAX_TEXTURES(=8) > combined_samplers

The reason you heard back from nobody is that this is a known problem
and is not related to Wine, but rather the implementation of OpenGL on
Apple's X11.  Yes, the folks at the MacOSXForge's XQuartz project are
aware of this as it breaks attempts to create native ports of games for
the Mac, as well as breaking Wine's OpenGL implementation.  It is stated
they may have fixed this with the next release of XQuartz, 2.3.3, but
this version is in release testing and problems appeared.

As to the release date of the program, I do not have any idea and when
it is released, Wine for MacOSX will have to be rebuilt specifically for it.

James McKenzie