[Wine] FIFA09 Error in DarWine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 18 13:30:30 CDT 2009

Cydver <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on March 18th:

>James Mckenzie wrote:
>> Cydver <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on March 18th:
>> This says it all.  The current versions of Wine for MacOSX do not have OpenGL functionality included due to the broken implementation of OpenGL in Apple's X11.   You can use either Fink or MacPorts to build your own Wine which may include OpenGL.  Until this release is in the General Availability stage, it would not be a good idea to build a downloadable version with OpenGL functions built in.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>

>I use MacPorts, so does this mean I can download something which can include OpenGL in my Wine?

It appears that MacPorts disables the building of Wine with OpenGL support.  I would suggest that you contact their forums to have this corrected.

I don't want to install a release test version of XQuartz on my MacBook at this time so I cannot confirm if this is true with Mike Kronenberg's build environment.  I can, however, look at the configure log from my last build and see if it is.

James McKenzie