[Wine] Will latest .deb pkg for Ubuntu Intrepid work on Ubuntu Jaunty

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Mar 18 14:54:58 CDT 2009

I'm trying to help someone to get the e-Sword windows app working under Wine.
The Wine package available on Ubuntu Hardy, and Intrepid will not display the
bible text, although the main window for e-Sword opens.

I've installed the latest development version of Wine (.deb) for Ubuntu
Intrepid, and although there are still a whole bunch of errors that I have to
OK, eventually the e-Sword app opens, and the bible text is displayed.

Running winetricks, and installing some stuff, I have also gotten rid of some
of the error messages, when starting the e-Sword app.

The latest Wine pkg's for Ubuntu, are only for Hardy, and Intrepid.

The question, as this guy is using Ubuntu Jaunty (alpha) is, is there any
possibility that the Intrepid version of Wine will install on his Jaunty
install, or will I have to help him to install Wine from a source tarball?

Anyone got the .deb from winehq for Ubuntu Intrepid to also install on Ubuntu
Jaunty?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Nigel.