[Wine] [Atenttion!] Last Remnant

Cloudef wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 18 15:30:57 CDT 2009

Hi,

Last Remnant is new next-gen RPG from Square-Enix ported from Xbox360 to PC, The benchmark worked me fine. Then found out there is demo for this intresting game, downloaded it and saw it dint work.
Anyways, It would be nice to get this game work because its almost working really fine!

[Image: http://flare.xenmedia.org/uploads/1.png ]
Overworld

[Image: http://flare.xenmedia.org/uploads/2.png ]
Dialog

[Image: http://flare.xenmedia.org/uploads/3.png ]
Town

[Image: http://flare.xenmedia.org/uploads/4.png ]
Battle

If anybody is intrested to run the demo then here is little how-to how i got it run.

[How-To]
1) Type regedit in terminal
2) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D (if Direct3D does not exist create it)
3) Add following String values
  - Multisampling Enabled
  - OffscreenRenderingMode fbo
  - RenderTargetLockMode textex
  - UseGLSL enabled

Without textex your game will freeze after splash screen.
4) Make shortcut or launch Steam with parameters -applaunch 23340 Steam will now start downloading the Demo
5) Wine wont handle Last Remnant resolution correctly so you should emulate desktop. If you set display settings to 640x320 then you can run without emulation.. But kinda akward play that small.

Bugs:
- Game is pretty unstable
- With lower settings game seems to be more stable
- With unstable i mean crashes pretty often
- Camera spins itself (Very annyoining, Need to put sensitivy to 0 and deal with it)
- Some visual errors

Otherwise the game works perfect! So i was really amazed that it even launched! Wine team, i have to say you do awesome job on this!
Now if we just would get atleast the camera spin bug gone so this game would be atleast playable. (And maybe bit more stable)