[Wine] Re: Anyone who is experienced with wine and/or CrossOver

moniec15 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 18 18:20:28 CDT 2009

Well that is very interesting. Is that why I am getting the "Direct3D does not match requirements" and "Direct3D interface does not exist" errors when I try to launch this game in wine 1.1.17?

This is what I see in the terminal after the program closes:
fixme:actctx:parse_assembly_elem wrong version for assembly manifest: 8.0.50608.0 / 8.0.50727.762
fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer failed to parse manifest L"C:\\Program Files\\ROM\\Runes of Magic\\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest"
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
err:wgl:opengl_error No OpenGL support compiled in.
err:d3d:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
err:d3d:WineDirect3DCreate Direct3D9 is not available without opengl

I thought this would be something I could easily fix by going in and changing some settings somewhere. But you are saying that these are a result from XQuartz?