[Wine] Running Windows Services

duja wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 19 08:58:16 CDT 2009

Im trying to run a windows service application with wine (downloaded with apt on Debian 4.0, I believe its 1.0.1).

The application can install itself by typing "wine app.exe -install". This will return a successfull message saying that the app is installed as a service.

When I try to start (wine net start app) the service it says that its already running, which is not.

I've looked in the documentation/wiki/forum but haven't found anything that describing how to start/stop a service etc.

Am I doing it the right way? Any tip would be helpful!

/ E