[Wine] Running Windows Services

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Mar 19 11:31:33 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 09:50 -0500, duja wrote:
> Should I see it running as a seperate app like if I start my service named "app" should I then see app.exe in the "ps x" -list?

Yes, if you're logged in as the same user.

	ps -u user

shows all processes for 'user', and

	ps -ef

shows all processes on the computer. I find

	ps -ef | grep progname

a useful command. It lists all processes and filters that list with grep
to show onlt the process(es) you're interested in. It produces one or
more lines. One is the grep process itself and the others are the
processes you wanted to know about. If you use it a lot, write a small
script:

========start of filterps script file =========
#!/bin/bash
ps -ef | grep $1
========end of filterps script file =========

Put it in the search path and make it executable:

	cp filterps /usr/local/bin
	chmod uga+rx filterps

and to run it:

	filterps app

/usr/local/bin is usually your the search path.

Martin