[Wine] Optascope port trouble

donde wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 20 15:56:40 CDT 2009

OPTAscope was produced by Parallax in 2002, but has been discontinued. It's a USB PC Oscilloscope. I used WINE to install it OK, but can't get hardware connected. Using Ubuntu 8.10. Here is how a normal windows install goes. Install software, plug in hardware, "New Hardware found", then go to Device Manager and find port the device assigned. In my case, it was port 3. Go back to OPTAscope screen and change port assignment to port 3. Green symbol lights, and now all works. In WINE, no Device Manages shows up, which is probably correct. How would I get at this port problem?
donde