[Wine] Fedora 10 - update killed text input to Wine

kyuso kyuso at softhome.net
Fri Mar 20 13:46:30 CDT 2009

Same here. It's not just wine. Xterm also has problem with text input in some
cases until I move the mouse to another window and back. Wine running Halo
never recovers whether moving to another window and back, but Tomb Raider 3
recovers the text input when starting movie is finished playing and menu
appears, and Tomb Raider 2 or Red Alert never loses key input. Some
dictionary program does work up until some random key input.

But all key combinations for window manager works (Alt-TAB, Alt-F7, etc.)

Do you have proprietary nvidia driver? I wonder if that's the culprit.

Don't mind not being able to play games, but annoying when it happens to
xterm, although it has a workaround (move mouse off and on the window.)

Well, Fedora is supposed to be cutting-edge, so no complaints there (I still
use Fedora 8 for mission critical works, i.e., avoiding hell from my
non-technical users, until I find Fedora 10 100% stable for their purpose.)
At least now I have KDE 4.2.1 and bunch of updates that I like.