[Wine] Re: OPTAscope port trouble

donde wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 20 20:09:57 CDT 2009

I'm not quite sure. In Windows, Device Manager, under Ports, it says:  USB Serial Port (COM3) The OPTAscope plugs into a regular USB port.  I did remember during install, I saw the "FTDI" installed.

So, do I understand you to say, if the connection cable to the device is a USB cable, WINE will not support it? But it will, if the cable is actually a USB to Serial converter to the device, which is RS-232. Could you say it another way, in case I misunderstood?

Don