[Wine] Will latest .deb pkg for Ubuntu Intrepid work on Ubuntu Jaun

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Mar 22 15:21:10 CDT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009 21:28, SGMchumni wrote:
> I personally use gnomesword2. I have not idea about any other WINE ports...
> but I find gnomesword2 to be effective.

Well, I've just installed Gnomesword 2.2.3 on Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10, and the
bible text is in arabic, and there do not appear to be any alternative
translations. Now I'm not being sarcastic here, but I don't read Arabic text,
and the person I'm trying to help wants the Good News bible in English, as I
don't think he reads Arabic text either.

It's all a bit bizarre. I install Gnomesword, and when I open Gnomesword the
header says "Smith & Van Dyke Arabic Bible", and the text is in Arabic.

This is totally OT on the wine list, so let's end the thread here. I'll
continue to help the guy to get the Good News bible translation, by
installing from a wine source tarball for his Kubuntu Jaunty install.

Nigel.