[Wine] Re: Running Windows Services

duja wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 23 03:29:59 CDT 2009

Its designed to run as a service and has features that uses the Service-ability. I could run it in console-mode but that would force us to change the application design. It would be smooth to have the same application on windows and linux and not change the application code/design.

But it seems that running it as a service is a bit tricky, it doesn't just run :/

Fyi,
this is what I get when installing the service:
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
although it installs ok.

It also looks like that the first time when I do net start I get a access denied like this:

Code:

$ wine net start App
The App service is starting.
Access denied

Any ideas on what could cause this behaviour?