[Wine] installation problem

batman78 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 25 08:52:54 CDT 2009

Hello, im a newbie on linux

I use linuxmint distro (based on ubuntu)

I want to install latest wine version 1.1.17

but i can't, the instructions' first step says i need to open program sources and add a command line etc....

That program sources app wasnt installed on my pc, so i installed using the packager thing, it did.. but when i run it it does nothing, nothing opens.
i even rebooted, same thing..

Im guessing it did not install right,
so
question is, is there any other way to install wine 1.1.17??

without using the program sources??

i dont know what the squeezy, lenny and sid versions are or if they are compatible with my linux distro???????
linux mint ?

or can someone help me fix the program sources?

thanks