[Wine] Re: "wine explorer ..." doesn't catch CTRL keypresses

zakaluka wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 25 20:24:49 CDT 2009

Hi vitamin,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I looked at gdm's shortcut keys, and the key combinations I am using are not shortcuts for it.

For example, Eve has a chat window.  When you start typing anything in Eve, it automatically puts the text into the chat window.  CTRL+R is a shortcut I use to reload my weapons.  When running normally, i.e. without virtual desktop mode, CTRL+R does what it is supposed to.  When running in VDM, pressing CTRL+R simply puts an 'R' in the chat window.  What this tells me is that the CTRL modifier is being removed from the keypress event and being consumed before reaching Eve.

The odd thing is, gdm has no shortcut combination that is CTRL+R.  So, the question is, who is consuming the CTRL keypress, gdm or wine's virtual desktop?  Is there a configuration option for wine that allows me to pass all keypresses onto games?

Regards,

z.[/i]