[Wine] nsis error

napatec wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 25 21:08:11 CDT 2009

When trying to run a portable app ...for example firefox portable I get:
"nsis error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid."

I am using the mandriva flash 2008 usb version.

This file runs fine in wine on my minime pclinuxos usb as do other portable exe's

I made sure there is a temp folder in the drive_c under .wine in the home folder

The first difference I noticed is that you can't run as root in mandriva so it may be that I can't do any config or nothing I change is gonna stick.

The mandriva support is useless even though I paid $$ for this device. All they ask is what version and thats it. And wine comes pre installed on it.

thanks