[Wine] Serial port stopped working under wine!

sv1cdn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 26 03:15:11 CDT 2009

Hello all!
Using Ubuntu 8.10 and Wine 1.0.1
Been using Wine since Ubuntu 7.10 and run a windows application with serial port I/O fine. Yeasterday I noticed that my application was not receiving data I/O from serial device, but it could very well send serial I/O data to the device.
So I tried to setup again the application. This time my windows application saw no serial port present. I forced it to COM1 yet it has stopped working at all!
Tested serial port with Ubuntu software, working fine. Tested with Windows 2000 (dual boot) working fine. Made a symbolic link at ~/.wine/dosdevices to my ttyS0 but still problem. Never had to make a link though! Ubuntu dmesg reports serial ports fine.
HELP! What went wrong? Any idea from you gurus?
Take care.
Dennis.