[Wine] How does a noob have to uninstall Wine (on MacOSX)??

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 26 14:36:41 CDT 2009

Bob Lee Swagger <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on March 26th:

>Hello,
>
>I have tried to install Wine on my mac pro (leopard 10.5.6) but it did'nt work very well. When I
>wanted to run a windows applications, wine told me that I had to install Freetype 2.0.5 or later.
>I downloaded it from this website : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3157.

It is not clear from reading your statement what you downloaded, so I have a question:

Did you download Wine from this location or Freetype?

>Unfortunately I didn't install freetype properly. As a consequence, when I try to run an
>application there are many problems. Therefore, I would like to uninstall Wine totaly. I don't
>know how to do...

Uninstalling Wine, if downloaded from Sourceforge, may be problematic.  However, all is NOT lost, I'll have to look at how do this.   Others may also advise based upon their results.

James McKenzie