[Wine] Serial port stopped working under wine!

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Mar 26 17:45:53 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 17:03 -0500, sv1cdn wrote:
> Martin I confirm your solution worked for me!

Excellent!

> Made a file 41-local.rules since I discovered with your grep that 40-
> was the previous file. Now in /dev my ttyS* are in group uucp when
> before they were at group dialout.

It might be a good idea to change the group to 'dialout' in your
41-local.rules file because that's the default for your distro. Its just
possible that leaving it as 'uucp' may break something. Just change the
file and next time you boot your system the correction will be applied
automatically.

Another thing: be sure to keep a copy of 41-local.rules in a safe place
(somewhere in your usual login's home directory is good provided its
backed up. On paper is good too) because upgrades might delete the file
and a clean install of a new version of Linux WILL delete it.

Martin