[Wine] Limiting memory for MM9

Hartmut Figge h.figge at gmx.de
Thu Mar 26 20:06:14 CDT 2009

Martin Gregorie:
>On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 00:37 +0100, Hartmut Figge wrote:

>> I find that htop shows more information and i was just taking some
>> related screenshots.
>
>Nonetheless, can you do it again, please, this time with top rather than
>htop. It would be useful to see a more detailed breakdown of CPU, Memory
>and Swap usage - top shows the detail rather than summarising 16
>measurements as four bar graphs.

Is it still necessary?
http://telp.org/mm9/tavern/anyboard/posts/39819.html shows the reason
for the delays und offers also a patch for mm9.

By the way, i wanted to thank the author, wrote a comment and was banned
from the forum. Seems that i should not have cited some of the message. *g*

http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/telp.jpg (232 KB)

But citing is essential when replying. So i copied part of the message,
formated it, put '>' on the right places, wrote my answer, also nicely
formated - but the result seems to be an ugly mess. Puh.

I'm used to newsgroups and not to forums. *g*

>Other questions:
>- did you notice much disk activity while the switch was happening?

No. It seems to be an issue between DirectX 9 and DirectX 7.

>- how fast are your CPUs?

model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E6750  @ 2.66GHz
stepping        : 11
cpu MHz         : 2667.000