[Wine] Fedora Updates Hosed Wine

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 27 08:51:01 CDT 2009

vtx <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on March 26th:

>[/quote]Because the kernel used the old version of the video driver before reboot.
>Unless you're going to kill X, you can't unload and reload the nvidia module.[/quote]
>
>I sort of get what you're saying but I think you didn't get the problem.
>
>Wine didn't work, so I reloaded the video driver, then Wine worked (without reboot or killing X).
>Then I rebooted and I was back to Wine not working which means the video driver reload isn't
>sticking or something else is going on. What is strange is Wine is fixed after the video update
>without killing X. It doesn't work after I reboot or before I did the reload of the driver.

I have been following this 'thread' and am wondering if the update is 'sticking'.  Can you run the program that detects what version of the driver you are using before and after the upgrade and then again after rebooting?  This might help.  If the driver update is not taking, it is time to contact the producers of your Linux distribution for assistance.

James McKenzie