[Wine] Re: Can't connect USB Serial (COM3)

donde wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 27 12:55:51 CDT 2009

Hey Guys and Gals !

I can't believe so many are having similar USB Serial Port problems with so little help that results in success. My device is called OPTAscope by Parallax, the maker of the famous STAMP products.They also have a very inexpensive, but great PC Oscilloscope. Of course it works in Windows. The GUI works fine with Wine, but no connect. Parallax has no intension of supporting Linux. The designer of the software has long since left the company. Parallax bought the rights from Optimum Design. They now call it Parallax Oscilloscope, but it's the same thing as the OPTAscope.

Hasn't anyone in this giant Wine community ever played with either of these scopes and got them working under Wine,  preferably using Ubuntu 8.10? Or if you did and it was a lost cause, please let me know, and I'll give up and go back into the woodwork. Any pertinent comments would be appreciated.

donde