[Wine] Re: Fedora Updates Hosed Wine

vtx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 27 12:58:27 CDT 2009

Thanks for the follow ups. Yea I guess I should explain how I am defining re-loading the video driver. I was removing the current video driver packages via the GUI menu in Gnome, then running ...

su
rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm
yum install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i386 xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.x86_64
reboot

After I did those steps Wine would work. I did try awhile ago to get the drivers directly from Nvidia but I was getting some dependancy error (don't remember specifically). I'll try the specific directions posted and report back.

Thanks for the help