[Wine] IPX and AMD64 not mixing?

Sephiroth wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 27 17:14:38 CDT 2009

I've searched the forums for AMD64 and IPX but couldn't find a solution here.  I am running Debian Lenny 2.6.26-1-amd64 on an AMD Turion 64x2 1.60GHz system with 1GB of RAM.  I have Wine running and it runs my older games just fine (this is a laptop with an ATI1100M so no new games here!) but it doesn't seem to work with IPX.  I installed the IPX tools package and ran the commands below as root.

Code:

modprobe ipx
ipx_interface add wlan0 802.2 0x00000001

If I check the interface, it is there, even after rebooting, so I believe that it is working.  However, if I try to play a game that requires IPX for LAN-play, such as Lords of Magic SE, I can get into the IPX screen and enter a game name, but it won't create the game, as though IPX is not installed.  The game runs flawlessly in single-player despite what the AppDB says.  Then again, the AppDB has a very old review of the game.

I am running 1.1.17, clean install.  Do I have to configure Wine to tell it that IPX is installed, or is this a problem with 64bit Linux.  I came to Linux to try this since IPX in XP Pro x64 is a broken, unsupported 64bit version that doesn't work with anything.