[Wine] No Video in Video Game

yedidyah wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 28 10:20:32 CDT 2009

I am installing the original Stronghold Crusader when I install it using wine all seems to go well until I actually start the game then when the aspect ratio changes for the game there is no video but from what I can hear when I move my mouse everything else seems to be responding normally.

I thought it might be related to the nVidia drivers that were installed by the "hardware drivers manager" so I downloaded the current drivers from nVidia but have not installed them yet as I have to do it outside of X and I am not sure how to do that or if it is even necessary.

Is it a video card driver issue or something that can be adjusted in wine?

I am using Kubuntu Hardy Heron.