[Wine] CMD: color and "interactive mode"?

iveand wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 29 06:40:02 CDT 2009

My main purpose in trying Wine is to see if I can leverage several command-line-based utilities that a colleague has written.

I am testing with both Ubuntu and OSX (1.0.1 via MacPorts).  After a successful install, I launch "wine cmd".  From there I can launch one of the  utilities (I added the folder where these exist to the PATH environment variable).

The utilities will launch correctly, but they use color and they are interactive.  CMD won't show the color and then when it gets to the interactive piece it displays options (such as YN, for example), but will not accept any input that I give it.  Typically on Windows, answering "Y" will then give control back to the program and it will go on.  Here, however, a "Y" and <enter> will just leave me in the terminal with the cursor on the next line.  This entry isn't transferred back to the executing program.

Any suggestions on how to use CMD to receive input when prompted?  The color return would sure be nice too!

Thanks,

iveand