[Wine] Application design tips for integration with Wine ??

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:48:47 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 5:21 AM, arunb <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ussually develop in VB 6.0 for Windows XP operating system. Are there any application design tips that I could follow, so that my applications could work in Wine ??

Be sure to bundle the visual basic runtimes with your application.
Test your application on Wine, and file bugs for any problems you see.
Since you have the source, attach a small testcase to make the bug
easier to fix.

> I mostly design real-time applications that use the serial port for interaction with an external hardware.

Serial support is kinda crappy in Wine...most developers don't have
that hardware, and so support has languished. As for real-time,
depending on the user's kernel, this may be difficult to achieve.

--
-Austin