[Wine] Re: Application design tips for integration with Wine ??

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 29 13:15:30 CDT 2009

arunb wrote:
> I ussually develop in VB 6.0 for Windows XP operating system. Are there any application design tips that I could follow, so that my applications could work in Wine ??
>
> I mostly design real-time applications that use the serial port for interaction with an external hardware.

You kidding right? VB and real-time? ROFL... I never had sooooo much laugh in my life!

You either don't use VB or you don't write real-time anything. Besides, what RT are you talking about on windows? Or you using specially modified versions of it for soft RT (windows by definition is incapable of hard-RT)?

As Austin said, Wine has number of issues with serial ports. It's a hit and miss. My suggestion write native Linux app instead.