[Wine] Re: Crash in 1.1.18-6.1

ProfessorTomoe wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 31 09:26:56 CDT 2009

dimesio wrote:
> The link you posted is to the openSUSE 10.3 packages. They work fine with openSUSE 10.3, which is what I'm using. Perhaps the problem is that they weren't compiled for your distro in the first place.

I was expecting this response to pop up sooner or later. 8)  I do realize this build is the openSUSE version.  In fact, I maintain this package for the Arch Linux AUR (see http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16531 ).  I "adopted" the package back in April of 2008 and have been maintaining it ever since.

Prior to 1.17, the openSUSE version worked flawlessly on Arch Linux x86_64.  Versions since 1.17 have not worked so well, and I can't figure out why.  That's the reason for this thread.

dimesio wrote:
> The version up there right now is 1.1.18-7.1, so you might try that.

That's the version I'm now using.  I have made some progress - it seems that sourcing /etc/profile after the install lets wine itself run programs.  Winecfg winecfg still crashes, albeit with a different error.  Here's what I'm now getting:

http://pastebin.com/m503086b5

Any help would be greatly appreciated.