[Wine] MSN Messenger in Wine?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 10:58:25 CDT 2009

2009/3/31 Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:01 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Using wlsetup-all.exe (the complete 134MB installer package), in a
>> clean WINEPREFIX with wine-gecko 0.9.1, the installer doesn't run at
>> all until I do "winetricks msxml3". Then it comes up with a dialog
>> box:

> IIRC, you'll also need native gdiplus and richedit. Knowing MSN, ie6
> may also be needed.

After gdiplus and riched20 it gave a segmentation fault instead of a
backtrace! Still gives a backtrace after ie6. I'm compiling the
current git version now to get a good backtrace.

I was particularly thrilled to do "winetricks ie6" and see in my xconsole:

Mar 31 16:53:50 heidi kernel: [ 9883.663858] TCP(ie6wzd.exe:26893):
Application bug, race in MSG_PEEK.

- d.