[Wine] Problems with Fear 2 Project Origin

mjh1275 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 31 15:57:48 CDT 2009

Hi guys I have taken a rather long strange trip through linux, jumping from one distro to another and I've settled on Arch Linux. Anyway I seem to have a problem with Fear 2. I cannot get the sound to work. It works during the first two logo videos when you start the game, but will not work afterward. I have several other games all through Steam that work fine but this game has sound issues. I have also tried the demo and that has the same issue. I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm not sure what all information you would need but let me know and I can provide it. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm using wine 1.1.18 and had to use winetricks to install vcrun2005, vcrun2005sp1 and directx 9 or the game would not start at all.