[Wine] DirectX Setup fails to install as a cabinet file...

woZa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 4 07:00:49 CDT 2009

Hi. I am trying to install DirectX on wine 1.1.20 (running on 2.6.29-gentoo-r2) but get the following error as soon as I run DXSETUP.exe

Code:
A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Pleaswe verify the Cryptographic service is running on this computer and the cabinet file certificate is valid

I have tried re-downloading the file again but same error. Googling has shown this to be a windows error but I have no idea how to turn on cryptographic services in wine (or if I even can).

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks.