[Wine] How to open apps...

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu May 7 17:59:57 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 17:18 -0500, Kaboo wrote:
> > T start VNC, login to the directory that contains WINE with PuTTY, run:
> > vncserver
> >

> I went to the directory(cd usr/lib/wine) with Putty, but when i did vncserver:
> Command not found.
> Do i need to write anything, not only vncserver?

It sounds as if it isn't installed by default on your distro, so you'll
need to install them. If your package installer doesn't let you figure
out the package names yourself, ask on a support forum for your distro.

In Fedora distros you need the vnc and vnc-server packages but I don't
know what other Linuxes would call them. When you find out, post the
package names here so others, as well as myself, will know what to
install for your distro.

Martin