[Wine] canconfirm?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu May 7 22:28:12 CDT 2009

dimesio wrote:
>> Sometimes people do not want to place their systems 'at risk' and
>> sometimes they just don't have the time.  Maybe you could assist by
>> running the test for them (given a publically available program)?  I
>> would, but I don't run Linux, so my results may not be correct for the
>> situation.
>>
>> James McKenzie
>>

> There is nothing about a regression test that places anyone's system "at risk," and people can always find time for things they consider truly important.

I agree that a regression test for Wine should not be a cause for
concern and that some folks think that this is 'paid' support.  The last
statement is not true.  This is a FOSS project and support is provided,
mostly, by unpaid volunteers.  You and I are such and I attempt to help
those with MacIntosh/MacOSX issues.  You seem to be keeping up with how
well Dragon Naturally Speaking works.

James McKenzie