[Wine] Call for volunteers

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Thu May 7 10:45:32 CDT 2009

On Wed, 06 May 2009 14:40:41 -0500, Austin English wrote:

> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 6:07 AM, austin987 <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
> wrote:
>> Howdy Wine users!
>> The list of bugs with downloads that haven't been checked on in a while
>> has gotten pretty long (1,359! as of May 6, 2009).
>> If you're a moderate to advanced user of wine, please help by
>> downloading and testing these applications and testing these bugs.
>> Be sure you're using a recent version of wine (1.1.20 or git) and
>> testing in a clean WINEPREFIX.
>> Quick guide:
>> 1) Pick random bug.
>> 2) Download application to test.
>> 2A) If download is busted/no longer available, leave a comment saying
>> this. 3) Test for the bug.
>> 4) If it's fixed, ask the original reporter to retest. 5) If it's still
>> broken, leave a note so we know the bug is still there.
> Looks like I forgot the link:
> http://bugs.winehq.org/buglist.cgi?

	Running Fedora 10 fully updated, I have only ]$ rpm -q wine

	Is that any use? I still remember enough about dependency hells
from the bad old days to be reluctant to get out of synch with my
distro ... (I don't even know what a WINEPREFIX is, myself; but there
must be quite a few other Fedorans out there who do.)