[Wine] Re: Wine fails to load programs

Stolea wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 8 19:38:47 CDT 2009

I have a feeling that it is a combination of hardware and 64bit.
I have tried uninstalling Wine and reinstalling. I even deleted the .wine folder to make sure. When I reinstall Wine by rights it should be a clean install with no memory of any previous installs. But for some reason it still shows the previous Wine and any programs installed under it in the Applications startup drop down bar. So it would appear that there is somewhere something that is left behind from the previous installation. I have searched for it but cannot locate anything. Any ideas?
I am almost at the point of calling it a day and going back to 32bit. I had an interesting time with the scheduled updates. The other programs seem to work OK, but I don't really trust it.