[Wine] す く る め い ト Schoolmate

Cydver wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 9 02:36:50 CDT 2009

Hi, I'm trying to help my friend run this Japanese game on Mac OSX.

The installation process was as instructed in the AppDB, but when the Schoolmate.exe is clicked, the following message pops up:

"Buffer overrun detected!

Program: C:\illusion\Schoolmate\SchoolMate.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which as corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated."

The game itself loads great, as the window with the title screen is loaded, but it cannot be clicked and the message is the thing stopping the game from running.

The registry keys have all been edited such that any Japanese characters have been changed into English words and the install directory has been specified correctly.

Then the game files were copied from the CD and pasted in the illusion folder and theoretically the game should run, but it doesn't apparently.

Any help?